…and then I got sued

I have always been fascinated with the American culture of taking people to court for various arbitrary issues – many garbage TV shows, showcase this culture of American society. Salacious tendencies that should be reserved to the bottom few who like to slog mud.

With my self-righteous banter well on the way - I was not aware of dark cloud amassing in the distance.

As an entrepreneur - like so many would know, one is always up for new opportunities. Analysing and trying out new things that can or will not add value to your business.

With that I ventured into the development of mobile games - games played via mobile, electronic device as an app or through existing platform.

Our first App was quite a  success - not Silicon Valley success but gave well over 2000% profit - with all cost covered. Clean profit.

So I devised the second, substantially bigger game - which invariably would take up all the profits for product development; hired a development team to develop the game, as the skills lay outside of scope of business.
Got all the contracts sorted and agreed on cost and payment structure - development started.
Three days into development - I realised that my commercial plan is flawed and I could not relay on dumb luck that befell me with the first game.

I halted development.

Life then happened - I needed to concentrate on my core business and the days just dragged on.

Gaming as a business was put on ice.

Fast forward 3 months - I am getting sued; supposedly for not paying for the development of the game. it was now finished and they wanted their money.

A few things did not make sense to me:
  1. When did we agree on further development after stopping project?
  2. When was an invoice sent to me for work done that I did not pay for?
  3. Where is this finished product?
  4.  How can it be a finished product if I have not approved the graphics, interface, functionality, etc.?


I was stunned by all this - ashamed that my name was being dragged through the mud for simple communications issues.


Nonetheless - it was here and could not be changed. As I write this we are about to go into a legal battle that I do not understand or really see the worth.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Us, young Entrepreneurs are Lazy

Entrepreneurialism is a psychological affliction

No easy route, no shortcuts - a look at 'White Monopoly Capital' and Stellenbosch as enemy