Living your dream

I woke up this morning with a pair of interesting questions on my mind. Bent over the bathroom basin, brushing my teeth. All this after one of my power naps – well, this is all I can call them nowadays, my lack of sleep due to insomnia keeps me up till the strangest hours of the morning. I found it strange that at such an early hour, I am already thinking about life and the direction I am taking.

Back to my big questions: “Where would I rather be right now” and “What would I rather be doing now”

To the former, my answer was, Here and now”, I am so excited about life – spring is in the air and I feel rejuvenated. Notwithstanding the horrid feeling I get with all the pollen in the air, this time of the year is my favourite.

The latter question was more interesting – what would I rather being doing now, that is with regards to my life. “I am doing what I would like to do, and do for at least the next 10 years” One of the greatest pleasures has been finding my way in the growth and development of Developer Factory.

With a far bit of distance to go, I am quite sure I will be having fun all the way. Looking back at three years of tenacious grit, I feel rewarded.

Can I say I am living my dream? That is a very difficult question, in dreams one only views the positives and reaching the top of the summit, hardly the journey.
Daily I am taking the required steps to bring me closer to the desired reality I am trying to create, developing an innovative business – which I can look back in future and say, ‘that was a success’.

I am however enacting my dreams – setting up goals that I work hard to achieve, though not always.
Business however does not exist in a vacuum, competitors, staff, and resource constraints all play havoc on your ideal path to reaching your dream.


In a long winded way, I feel that I am living my dream, at least parts of it, but daily adding on to have the complete picture. Throughout my life, from business to family life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Us, young Entrepreneurs are Lazy

Entrepreneurialism is a psychological affliction

No easy route, no shortcuts - a look at 'White Monopoly Capital' and Stellenbosch as enemy