Personal Development

Two weeks ago I undertook the almost painful but joyous challenge of learning French. Being fluent in 3 languages, I thought this would be a great addition, and empower me for when I finally get to do more business on the continent (Africa).
With significant countries including Côte d’Ivoire, Mauritius and some parts of Nigeria.

The primary reason however is and will always be my great desire to attend INSEAD.

For an entrepreneur, this institution offers some interesting executive development courses to fast-track my personal development, management skills and consequently improve my ability to grow my organization to the heights I would like it to reach.
Thinking of a far distant future, putting plans and goals in order makes life very interesting. It gives one a license to dream and a chance to go for your dreams.
I sometimes wonder if I am too future oriented at the expense of the here and now. This could also be the impatience of youth talking.

To my knowledge, INSEAD education is offered in French – business French. A challenge I look to take on, many years from now. A challenge I am certain I will succeed in.

Today, I am learning simple phrases and making some interesting realizations on the development of languages.

A lot of French terms or words are similar to what I know from Afrikaans, suggestive of an assimilation due in part by the role the French Huguenots played in the Afrikaans community and language. The Le Roux’s, Du Toit’s, et al. all had an influence.

My study material is based on a Canadian French – which I assume will have some semantic and dialect issues.

Lifelong education is at the heart of successful people – improving yourself translates to many facets of your life. The greatest investment that anyone can make is in self-improvement and education.
I embark on this journey wish such excitement and a desire to succeed. To be able to tick off from my To Do list.


As I pat myself of the back, I am reminded of a French Canadian phrase – “Bonne Chance

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Us, young Entrepreneurs are Lazy

Entrepreneurialism is a psychological affliction

No easy route, no shortcuts - a look at 'White Monopoly Capital' and Stellenbosch as enemy